CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Gym update....

I figured I would do a little update on what is going on at my "crazy gym" as my friends from home like to call it. The workouts have been very hard/intense. As much as I complain during the workout, I still like it.

I'm excited...Tonight i push pressed 115. I PR'd by 10 lbs. It felt great. I thought I might be able to pull 120, but not so much. Still trying to keep up with Melissa who did 130! She is crazy strong.

Last week, I did a benchmark workout Fran with Amanda and Devon. We missed it a few weeks ago, so we figured we might as well subject ourselves to that torture voluntarily. Fran is 21-15-9 of 65lb barbell thrusters paired with pullups. I was somewhat nervous, but just thought of it as another workout, so I wouldn't psych myself out. Well it turns out I did much better than my previous time in July. I went from 10:36 to 7:30. Three minutes off....I know kind of crazy. I was super excited about it. So I guess I am actually making progress.

I participated in the Kettlebell certification put on by Steve Maxwell. It was an entire day filled with lots of good information about movement paired with lifting the kettlebell. I have learned some great tricks and tips for others. My squat improved greatly after this cert too.

Finally, Tina created a video of a bunch of us women from the gym progressing in our pullups. I'm so proud of the girls I workout with and Tina for making this video. Hopefully, she won't be mad because I'm going to repost it, so people from home can see and maybe get motivated.

2 comments:

seant said...

congrats on the push press and that fran time. nice job!!

Anonymous said...

member when we used to work out at timberhill at 6 a.m. in high school together?! miss you!